The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week should be ordering my glass for my custom build. Once thats finally here i will be creating a proper tank journal thread. In the meantime lining out my last few decisions.

Per the photos below i am looking at doing an internal filter setup for simplicity.

The pump will sit in the middle looking at around a 700 gph return will be a u tube that feeds into a y flex setup to two directional ball flex tube things so i have 2 directional outputs.

Overall tank dimensions 36"x30"x20"
The internal filter will have a floor space in the tank of 8"x12" basically a sheet of paper. But i am greedy about my relestate, would a HOB or even canister be a better idea... Granted deviates away from my initial idea but... Looking for some feed back etc.

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why not reduce the depth and increase the width?

personally, i'd rather drill or go with a canister. especially for a custom tank
It's almost a 3' cube as is lol. And 20" isn't much buy the time you get substrate etc ;)

I had contemplated a sump but wanted to make it fairly self contained should i need to take it down and ease of service etc.

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.