The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:biggrin: I have a stingray filter in a 66 litre tank and I want to make 2 alterations to the filter.The first one is the most importent one ,I have already lost 3 fish to that filter because they get stuck behind it.How would I block it's behind.The second one is about its intake,Im getting african dwarf frogs and I hear that I need something to block the intake so the frogs don't get their legs trapped in it.Thank you in advance for any advice

·
Registered
130 Posts
By Blocking it with anything, you may also decrease its flow because smaller particles would get trapped in whatever you used to block it.

I've never tried it, but I've thought about using aluminum storm door mesh on pvc pipes for a siphon. You might try wrapping the intake with the mesh. being mesh, it'll still let water through, but it's tightly woven enough that it won't let much else through. The downside of that is that it may need to be cleaned much more frequently so your water circulation doesn't slow down. Also, I don't know how aluminum does in tank water. It may not be safe. Does anyone else on the forum know if it would rust or cause hardness issues?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I'll go with the net idea.Thanks everyone:biggrin:

chris:proud:

p.s sorry about replying late,Icouldn't get on the sight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.