The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Plantedtankers馃榿

I need you guys help on getting rid of BBA in my tank. The problem started when I start to dose flourish advance together with my current all in one ferts. Before this, i only use AIO, without Advance. No BBA or whatsoever appearing in my tank (for a year). Then i start to use Advance, thinking that it would help to grow better and healthy roots for my new tissue cultured plants, but what i get is things way uglier and worst...that is sudden BBA appear on some of my hardscape and some on tip of plant leaf!

So now i stop using Advance. Right now Im thinking to spot treat/dosing those BBA using Excel, to see if it works on getting rid of it? But my concern is, i have livestock in there, also will my crypts melt if i do this? and should i do waterchange after the treatment, or no need?

Registered
Hello fellow Plantedtankers馃榿

I need you guys help on getting rid of BBA in my tank. The problem started when I start to dose flourish advance together with my current all in one ferts. Before this, i only use AIO, without Advance. No BBA or whatsoever appearing in my tank (for a year). Then i start to use Advance, thinking that it would help to grow better and healthy roots for my new tissue cultured plants, but what i get is things way uglier and worst...that is sudden BBA appear on some of my hardscape and some on tip of plant leaf!

So now i stop using Advance. Right now Im thinking to spot treat/dosing those BBA using Excel, to see if it works on getting rid of it? But my concern is, i have livestock in there, also will my crypts melt if i do this? and should i do waterchange after the treatment, or no need?
Excell works well for spot treating but it is not a long term solution. Long term you need to find good tank balance. Consider bioload, planting density, not overfeeding and good tank hygiene.

I use it to spot treat but found that playing with water flow and CO2 levels helped the most. I use a 10cc syringe with a short piece of airline tubing attached. Turn off pump briefly while treating. I have not seen crypts melt but it is hard on Val.

Do a search here. LOTS of good threads on BBA.

Registered
i've used double dose with 3 day blackout to wipe out bba. agree with mourip that it will return as long as your tank remains unbalanced. one thing that would go a long way (80 - 90%) to getting it balanced is to optimize your co2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts