The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to those of you that offered suggestions on keeping my tank from crashing during this power outage.
Still no power,this is the 3rd night & temps are going to be around 20 tonite.good news is I made it off the mtn & purchased kerosene heaters as well as a small generator. My system is up & running,water temp is slowly rising. A couple fish may not make it but all things considered things have turned out pretty well. Thanks again everybody

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's amazing what fish and plants will survive. I had to leave my tanks for five and a half weeks after Katrina - no food, no power, stifling heat. When I returned, practically every fish was still alive, and the only missing plants, as far as I could see, was the duckweed!

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's really a nightmare for aquatic hobbyists. I used to live in an apt. building that was prone to power outages and ran a bubble filter in every tank along with the normal filters, so when the power went out I could just plug in the "bait keeper" pumps to the bubble filter and be good with regards to that anyway.

Heat was always an issue though, either too much of it or not enough of it, lol. Portable heaters were always easier to find than portable air conditioners, but it's kind of funny what a person can come up with when they have a need for it.

Glad things are looking better for ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.