The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Not sure about that but the plastic needlepoint grids for 50c work great!

sent from Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Your windows are exposed to harsher elements than a fish tank. I'm not saying it won't break down in an aquarium, but it will probably take a long time. I've had some in a tank for 3+ years now, and it still looks good. I have screen on my porch that has been there for nearly 10 years. It's not as tough as new screen, but still holds its own.

This is all only from personal experience. User experience may vary.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Window screening will be either aluminum or nylon; neither will degrade in water but I'd go with nylon... better yet is to use the needle point grid, it's easier to work with and comes in a wide variety of colors to ease beginning stage annoyances, haha.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i used needle point grid from michael's. i should have gotten something other than clear however. it's going to take forever to cover up. might go back and check for something darker.

jim
+1 on that. It comes in black or white, small or large pattern. Skip the small as I went that route and the moss is not penetrating like I expected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.