The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm new in the forum. The website is a massive archive for someone new to the hobby so kudos to all who have written things so far for all. Fortunately I have been in the hobby for 15+ years now and couple of years in aquascaping area..so without much delay I present few of my works of the year 2012. Hope folks like it.

Pic 1: The Cuuube
Pic 2: End Point (this was a gift of mine to my fiancée)
Pic 3: Paradise of my dreams
Pic 4: The Rock

there are a few tanks which are getting ready too, will post them after sometime. Need to compress the other files and too lazy on a sunday..hehe..:)

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes she loved it! :D and yes this tank also came in 9th place in a forum based scaping contest here in India..:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Those tanks are gorgeous. I love the backgrounds.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@DogFish - there is no rocket science build to it to be honest. For the nano cubes I use a simple orange coloured 15W night lamp. And in my fiancé's I used a simple cool white 6500K 14W T5 which was covered with yellow paper towel, single in the middle and double layer at the sides to give the red-orangish view. Hope this helps..:)

@partobe - hehe..playing around with a tank is always blissful..:D please let me know if I can help scape wise for ideating in future..:)

Thanks all..:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Few of my works

So here is one of my latest work in progress - this a 2ft'r everything is a build done by me.

the tank is now aged 1.5 months. adding an old shot and a concept latest one. This is not a final shot..a lot of work has to yet go in here.

The scape is called - "Hills by the morning"

pic 1: the tank at 1 month age
pic 2: taken during my weekly maintenance. few changes have gone in the tank yet a lot of work still left.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Few of my works

And finally the smallest tank that I have scaped till date!
This is a 8inch cube.
Scape name - The Cuuube Ver: 2.0
tank age - 1 week

This tank is a DSM startup, so it's going to take it's own sweet time to grow..bit less work for here..:) phew! thank god..:)

Pic 1: the hardscape
Pic 2: Post 90% planting - I'm still awaiting the arrival of weeping moss for the front tree.
Pic 3: A smoke pack just to show the size of the scape.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Your scapes are amazing! The first pic of the cube ver. 2.0 reminds me of snow or a frozen creek.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks a lot angelsword..:) well it was tough to scape something so small..took me 3.5 hours to get what I wanted to be honest..:)

@speedie408 - thanks man! :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey Jonathan..here are the specs for you:

tank - 24''X15"X15" (glass 6mm all sides, base 8mm)
light - 4*6500K 36W PLL
substrate - controsoil + vermicompost as base layer
filter - Ehiem 2213+sunsun 301 HOB
Plants - HC 'Cuba', E. Parvula, Glosso Elantoides, Xmas moss,flame moss, anubias nana 'petit', H. tripartita, s. repens, M.Hirsuta, Fissidens fontanus,mini pelia
Fauna - 2 oto's and few Sakura red as of now, getting Indian natives next month ir, P.balitora,P.gelius and cardinia 'zebra'

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Few of my works

one more project done this year. This time for a friend who stays near my home. He wasn't entirely happy with his tank..this was his first planted tank and was struggling a bit scape-wise and plant heath wise. I tried helping a bit in rescaping the tank with exactly same materials he had already. So here are the pics:

pic1: His scape
pic 2: My rescape - and pic taken after 4 weeks. Since this is his first tank and was running on a HOB so flow issue resulted in quite a bit of algae..what I last know that issue has been sorted after he bought a canister filter+excel dosing.
Pic 3: after 2.5 months (shot taken 01.05/2013)
Pic 4: One of the inhabitants

Scape name - Rebirth
BTW this one runs on DIY CO2

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Few of my works

Any one looking for an update on my 2ft'r? here it is (added pic). The tank is finally taking shape the way I want it to be..a few trims here and there should do the trick. But then again I do need the FG to fill up. BTW tried a new style of HC planting and by far it's a super success. I will explain it in the long run after the carpet is complete..it's an easy alternate to/for people who cannot get hands on any powder type soil for growing cuba

Attachments

1 - 20 of 126 Posts