486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- SeaChem Iron
- KNO3 (Nitrate)
- KH2PO4 (Phosphorus)
- K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
- MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)
- GH Booster

Are these safe for shrimp? Also, can you help me with a dosing regimen for a 10 gallon?

·
Registered
770 Posts
- SeaChem Iron
- KNO3 (Nitrate)
- KH2PO4 (Phosphorus)
- K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
- MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)
- GH Booster

Are these safe for shrimp? Also, can you help me with a dosing regimen for a 10 gallon?
I would be careful with GH Booster. That stuff killed almost all my shrimp. I don't thing I over dose because I started to use it in really small quantities(for a 20~30g regimen. I'm not what when wrong, so fine what's the right before used.

With the other fertz I haven't had a problem with my shrimp.

Best,

·
Registered
442 Posts
GH booster (Seachem) is shrimp safe. Actually, shrimp don't do as well in plain RO water and need some minerals. GH booster (if following the directions) is SAFE.

YOur plants and shrimp will thank you for it. Target for 2-3* GH if you have soft water fish in your tank. Just follow the directions or half them.

YOu need some minerals in your water...RO water is devoid of these.

Most of the chemicals you mentioned are "shrimp safe" as long as you dose in moderation...EI for example dispelled the belief that higher levels of some minerals/ferts. are toxic to fish/shrimp.

Of course if you co grazy, you can kill everything in your tank...plants and bacteria included...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.