The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i started dosing dry ferts using the EI method in the recommended amounts for my 30g 3 WPG CO2 injected tank (1.3g KNO3, 0.3g K2SO4, and 0.3g Plantex every other day). I have a medium plant load i would say.

My concern is that before i started dosing ferts my vals were growing like crazy. I literally had to trim them once a week. But ever since i have started the EI method my vals look like they are melting. Basically turning brown and slowly disintegrating.

Any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I don't think anyone has had that problem...so stop dosing EI, drop your lighting, and see if the plants are still melting. Might be another problem.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't really have an answer for you but I had jungle and spiral vals for quite some time and They grew and spread faster than anything I've ever seen but one day I noticed that the spirals melted. I don't know what I did different but it happened. I kept up with routine and they came back to life. Just do what ever your doing, make sure your tanks get what they need and wait it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts