I just checked out Rexs prices on ferts,

Plantex CSM+B 1 lb - $12
Plantex CSM+B 8 oz - $8
KH2PO4 1 lb - $3
KH2PO4 8 oz - $2
KNO3 1 lb - $2
K2SO4 1 lb - $2 10%
Chelated Iron 8 oz - $9
Combo Pack. 1 lb KNO3, 1 lb K2SO4, ½ lb each of KH2PO4 and Plantex CSM+B - $13 Shipping on the Combo pack is $4.50

Shipping is really easy. Up to 2.5 lbs total is $4.50. Over that and up to around 10 lbs is $8.60. I will firm that amount up real soon. As soon as I get the product bagged up and see how much I can fit into a PM Flat Rate box.
Its amazing... really reasonable prices, ACCURATE SHIPPING CHARGES, and is he doing it for the money or "for the hobby"? Who cares! I will be putting an order in.

http://rexgrigg.com/ferts4sale.html

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
wow rex your shipping is CHEAP!!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm always open to barter Rex! Frozenbarb what are you talking about? His shipping is 4 bucks!

Are you going to the Killie convention this weekend Rex? I'll be there with a table and a bunch of plants.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Robert: I might be able to stop by for a minute but I doubt it. I have to work Saturday and run down right after work and pick up a load of top dressing. Sunday is going to be hard core yard work.

dufus: Most likely this will be long term.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Robert,

I think you misread Frozenbarb's post.

Rex,

Very cool. Yet another substantial contribution to the hobby. For a supposed cantakerous old coot, you sure help a lot of folks out. ;) I mean, when you factor in your time and supplies, I know you aren't getting rich doing this stuff.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Just for the record, I have brought to the attention of the new owner at aquariumfertilizers.com all the feeling of despair and indignation being expressed by forum members here over the "outrageous" charges being leveled against them for dry ferts.

He has informed me that shipping cost in the shopping cart is being recoded so that it reflects true flat-rate Priority Mail costs. He is also refunding shipping overages to his customers now that it has been brought to his attention. He's not a coder and it's taking time to get Greg's old shopping cart software reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I think Bri is right, this is getting a little nasty and as such I have cleaned it up pretty judiciously. I'm being very heavy handed this evening, I know.

Let's be nice here. No more badmouthing. I appreciate your help in this guys.

And to keep it on topic - way to go Rex! I'm glad your offering extremely affordable ferts to the hobby. Don't wear yourself out - I'm sure it's going to be a lot of work. At least you don't have to go out of your way to get all this stuff in the mail :hihi:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think we live in a society pratices capitalism with an economy that is market driven, ie businesses are expected to face competition and only the fittest survives. As consumer, we ought to welcome choices.

For me, I wouldn't mind buying from a proven outfit even if it costs a few $$ more.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.