The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I recently stopped using ferts in my shrimp tanks. I belive it was raising my tds level beyond where I wanted it to be.....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've used ferts in my shrimp tank. Just be sure to keep ontop of a regular water change routine and be careful with the dosage because it might screw with your established parameters. I do half dose.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I dose Flourish and K in my shrimp tanks with no issues.

I wouldn't dose NO3 in shrimp tanks.

You MUST do water changes routinely or TDS will be sky high depending on how much you dose.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Anyone do the EI dosing in their shrimp tanks? I just changed from using the PPS Pro method to doing the EI dosing in my RCS tank.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I use Seachem liquid ferts: flourish, excel, pottasium, iron, and phosphate. Dosing a 12g long I do 2.5 ml excel (use to do 3ml but lot of new rock in tank so lass water volume), 0.15-0.2 ml flourish, phosphate and potassium daily, every other day 0.3 ml iron. My cherry shrimp breed like crazy.
I also have a low tech 2g cookie jar with a few shrimp that breed. Tank gets daily 0.4 ml excel and 0.1 ml flourish.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have Red Cherries and Crystal Reds.

I dose a daily routine of Seachem Ferts on my 20 Gallon Heavily Planted.

Macros
3mL Excel
1mL Nitrogen
1.5mL Phosphorus
2.5mL Potassium

Micros
3mL Excel
3mL Iron
1.7mL Flourish
3.5mL Trace

I dose Micros 4 times a week and Micros 3 times a week. My Red Cherries are breading like crazy, my Crystal Reds are still Juvies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.