The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure about you guys but I dose EI with KNO3, KH2PO4, and K2SO4 with Flourish trace. Sufficient lighting and ~30ppm CO2 as well.

I always seem to find that the plants pearl the most and grow the best (especially my red stem plants) a few days immediately following a 50% water change.

As the week goes on, the plant growth seems to taper off and they don't grow as well utnil the next water change.

Why is this? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
tank size and amount of light?

Also have you tried a drop-checker to measure co2?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had the same exact problem!

I even got to the point where I was doing double EI doses with not much change and then started to supplement Seachem Iron but that barely helped. I started to supplement ADA ECA which is an Iron supplement of some sort and it flip the whole tank around! I now dose ADA's full line and have never seen better!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the difference between ADA chemicals and dosing dry? Reading the description I don't see what I'm doing wrong..

·
Registered
370 Posts
You know I have problems with some plants. In my tank stem plants grow 1/2 to 1" a day. But this one stem plant I tried twice and both times it rotted out. It could be the water temp. Is it all your plants you notice problems with?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know I have problems with some plants. In my tank stem plants grow 1/2 to 1" a day. But this one stem plant I tried twice and both times it rotted out. It could be the water temp. Is it all your plants you notice problems with?
No, just some of them.

THe temp in my tanks are a little high, about 82

1 - 6 of 6 Posts