The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before fertilizing (default macro ppspro) ive got 400 ppm and abouth month later its been stedily rising to 470 ppm. Is there connection between TDS and ferts? Does that mean that ferts are piling up without been used by plants (or at least not been used in amount ive been putting in)?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
EVERYTHING or almost everything added to a tank adds to the total TDS.
That's completely normal.

One of my primary indicators for a water change is a rise in TDS, I don't follow a strict WC schedule.
I set parameters, dose modified PPS and over time as the TDS changes (TDS alway's increases) I reset with a water change.

I consider that normal.

The only tank I have that doesn't show a TDS rise over time is not dosed at all.
HTH

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EVERYTHING or almost everything added to a tank adds to the total TDS.
That's completely normal.

One of my primary indicators for a water change is a rise in TDS, I don't follow a strict WC schedule.
I set parameters, dose modified PPS and over time as the TDS changes (TDS alway's increases) I reset with a water change.
Problem is that i dose really light ppspro dosage and tds still rises, so i wonder if the ferts are used at all. If the plants would use ferts, TDS would have level or drop, is it not? I dont dosage nothing except macro.
I have 2x50W of light , co2 and medium ammount of plants in 90g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts