The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 30x30x35cm tank, that was set up on may with tropica aquasoil, chihiros a301, some seiryu stones and montecarlo and doising half ei ferts. After some time I was not really happy with only montecarlo, so I ordered some stem plants.

Plants came very late and the only plant that survived was the rotala colorata. I removed all the stones and montecarlo and planted the 8 stems of colorata(waiting to order more stem plants later once shipping is better). I am currently dosing 5ppm NO3, 0.7ppm PO4, 2.5ppm K, 0.2ppm Mg and 0.4ppm FE daily. At the end of the week, before the 50% WC, I am currently doing water tests and NO3 and PO4 are always 0 and FE is 0.2-0.3ppm. Does 8 stems of colorata sucks all that NO3 and PO4, and I have to increase dosage? Or is the soil taking all the nutrients? Any advice what to do? I am trying to keep NO3 at 1-5ppm and PO4 at 1-1.5ppm to enhance the red colour of the colorata. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.