The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some kind of base level for nutrients, im getting algea but i know im on the low side at the moment. around 10ppm kno3, 2-3ppm KH2PO4, and not sure with traces, have no way to measure.
I am using co2 aswell, injecting as much as i can on timer with 30min before lights on and 30min before lights off.

For my dosing unit i mix three .5 l bottles. One for each fert, i want them to dose daily. The bottles are mixed as following:
KNO3 - 35ml to 500ml water
KH2PO4 - 3ml to 500ml water
Traces - 10ml to 500ml water

The dosing unit doses 5ml of each to a 240l tank one time per day.
How does this look to you professionals here on plantedtank?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I need some kind of base level for nutrients, im getting algea but i know im on the low side at the moment. around 10ppm kno3, 2-3ppm KH2PO4, and not sure with traces, have no way to measure.
I am using co2 aswell, injecting as much as i can on timer with 30min before lights on and 30min before lights off.

For my dosing unit i mix three .5 l bottles. One for each fert, i want them to dose daily. The bottles are mixed as following:
KNO3 - 35ml to 500ml water
KH2PO4 - 3ml to 500ml water
Traces - 10ml to 500ml water

The dosing unit doses 5ml of each to a 240l tank one time per day.
How does this look to you professionals here on plantedtank?
Hi Nazdaq
We have details on making PPS-Pro Macro and Micro solutions already here. Also, you don’t need to use test kits if you do water changes. There are basicaly two types of water changes. One is 50% weekly and the other is to follow conductivity TDS reading.

Edward PPS

·
Registered
572 Posts
In order to help we need to know:

What light you are using?

And by "dosing as much co2 as you can" we need to know how much that is.

Have you looked at KH PH chart? Helps guide you in the right direction or at least gives you a base to start with.

Have you measured ph before you start dosing and then at the end of the light cycle?

Phosphate should about 10% or nitrate.

In my 75 high light tank I have a ph of 6.7 with kh at 4
I control my co2 with a ph controller so i just set it and forget it.

I use a electronic regulator from Aquariumplants.com and have it set at 1 bubble per sec.

I also have a reactor from aquariumplants.com.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In order to help we need to know:
What light you are using?
4x 54w t5-ho with reflectors.

And by "dosing as much co2 as you can" we need to know how much that is.
i suspect around 20-30ppm.

Have you looked at KH PH chart? Helps guide you in the right direction or at least gives you a base to start with.
i have but i have very low KH.

Have you measured ph before you start dosing and then at the end of the light cycle?
Yes some time ago, should probably take new readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.