The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/i...rnEdit=5&Returnitemname=&ReturnShowItemStart=

Has anybody used the macro micro nutrient mix? ^^^^^^^^^
I'm new so would anybody recommend this for a beginner or should I start with the individual nutrients and adding them separately? Also, of I do use this, is there anything else I might need to add that isn't already in this mixture?
Thanks everybody!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I believe they come separate and that is a "kit" of them. But it doesn't have everything you need. Like above...see nilocg on here. Look in the for sale section till you see his name on a thread.
Under "package pricing" you likely would want either the first or third one.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Honestly regardless of who you purchase your dry ferts from, dont go with the macro/micro mix, it doesnt contain any phosphate and really isnt any cheaper than going with separate dry ferts which will work much better in the long run.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys. The cheaper the better right now that's for sure.. I'm not quite ready to order anything yet I'm. Just doing my research. How hard is it to figure your amounts needed? Is there a specific way of figuring everything.?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Go to Tom Barr's website or Google EI dosing. They will have a breakdown into teaspoons if you do not wish to use a gram scale. It is all close but not quite correct as all tanks vary to some degree. You will find yourself making minor adjustments from time to time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thank you. I have a 55gallon. I will have to check out that website. I appreciate all your replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts