The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of you probably, I DIY my own fert solutions from dry. I've been using the dosing bottles with the graduated dispensing chamber but came upon these pump bottles online that resemble one of the commercially available liquid ferts. They're 500 ml and dispense 1 ml per pump. Since we can't offer any vendor reviews, shoot me a pm and I can let you know where I found them if you'd like to pick some up.

I also picked up some clear inkjet labels to use with them. It was just like a crafts day :) .

Old bottle on left, new pump bottle on right.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Would the bottle to the right be able to store NPK, CSMB, and Glut/Excel? I would like to maybe get some but a smaller size for my nano.

Is it ok that they are transparent?

Ooo I see some cool colored ones as well on the site you mentioned. How about the amber, cobalt, or aluminum storing bottles?

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Would the bottle to the right be able to store NPK, CSMB, and Glut/Excel? I would like to maybe get some but a smaller size for my nano.

Is it ok that they are transparent?

Ooo I see some cool colored ones as well on the site you mentioned. How about the amber, cobalt, or aluminum storing bottles?
Transparent is a problem for all of the stuff you mentioned. As long as they are stored in a dark area you may not have a problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes I have heard that as well though the rootmedic and pfertz bottles are all transparent. Maybe the key is storing them in a dark area? Unfortunately I wont have a dark place big enough for all the bottles at the moment so the search goes on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.