The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used to dose (2 squirts) in my 55gal heavy planted tank tropica special fert. But I decided to buy all the flourish Products and I started dosing those cause the plants weren’t doing so great with just the tropica fert , my question is should I stop dosing the tropica fert while I used the sea Chen flourish product or continue?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I too was using the Tropica Premium, my tank has many fish so I opted not to add nitrates and phosphates(both in specialized fert, not in premium). It just wasn't cutting it. Plants were all pale and barely growing. So I decided to try the Seachem Flourish. I would say my 46 gallon is moderatlely planted. I also add Seachem Iron and Potassium . On water change days, Wed and Sat I clean the inside glass and use Excel after adding fresh dechlorinated water. I'm following the Seachem Low Dosing Chart for the most part, I eliminated the Excel off the chart on the non water change days, and since I still have some Tropica left, I dose that on day 3 . Though the Tropica has a tad bit more nutrients, I thought I would try it and glad I did. It's been 3 weeks since I started using Seachem, and colors of the plants are much greener. Plus the fact that my local mom and pop aquarium store carrries the Seachem line, always had to mail order the Tropica. Who knows, maybe it was a calcium deficiency that is in Flourish but not in Tropica. Once my Tropica is gone, I'll use the Seachem on day 3 as explained earlier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts