The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
LOVE the 'double decker' feeding station..
I've gotta try that.

Steve

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First the cucumber has to be washed thoroughly cause of the possibility of organisims. Then I slice 1/4" pieces or so and put them on a paper napkin and microwave for about 10 seconds or so. Not too much or it turns to mush. I let it cool down in some cool water and skewer them and stick it into the substrate. They instantly attack them and by morning its mostly gone but the green skin. All the shrimp like it and the Oto's too. Some say that theirs like zuchinni, but mine could care less about that.

Hey, "kcirtappatrick", I used to live in Mililani too. Very beautiful town. I'll bet it's grown a lot now. Used to to a lot of dirt bike riding in the old tunnels from the war.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do you keep them from floating away?

I just tried this and everything just floated right out of my
substrate and to the top of the tank. I'm guessing my substrate
is not as thick as yours. I only use about one inch in each shrimp tank.

I can stick it in my sponge filters and it stays.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also I put one slice of Cucumber and one slice of Zucchini on each stick.

They liked the cucumbers twice as much as the zucchini!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I stick the slice of sweet potato on the skewer like the cucumber or the zuchini. Give it a try. They were crawling all over each other pulling the one underneath off like a pile of football players with the bottom one that has the ball. Wish I could've gotten a shot of it. Stampede!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.