The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of fish are you trying to feed? A few fish are more active at night than in the day, but most fish feed during the light hours.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What kind of fish are you trying to feed? A few fish are more active at night than in the day, but most fish feed during the light hours.
I'd agree. When I had my betta in the community tank I fed a little with the lights were on...wait a minute or 2...then turn the lights off and feed a little more. When the lights were off, the other fish didn't go for the food as much, giving the betta a chance to eat. What he dropped, the pleco picked up(since he only comes out at night).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the respones

I usually feed once in the morning and once in the evening. So in the morning the lights are off and in the evening the lights are on.

After a water test at my LFS they informed me I have quite high nitrites and phospate levels at the moment and my they advised me to cut the feeding pattern down to once a day or even once every other day. So i didn't know whether it would be best to give them there grub in morning or evening.

My tank contains 10xmollies, 10xplaties, 12xharq. rasbora, 8xneon tetra and a couple of bronze corys.

Roca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts