The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a betta from Thailand. I understand he wont eat for a few days and its been around four days. He showed interest in some food yesterday but it was a long process to even get him to look at it. The problem is i have him in with 5 harlequin rasboras that just go mad as soon as food hits the water. Any tips on getting food to my betta?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Fish are often more willing to take live or frozen food, so that may be worth a shot.
Agreed.

Good chance that he was raised on live food, as that's what breeders rely on to get the best growth rates on fish they're growing as quickly as possible to sell.

I'd try some live or at least frozen foods if you haven't already. Don't think I've ever had a betta turn down frozen bloodworms? LOL

Are you keeping him in RO water?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I would go ahead and get some frozen for him. Freeze-dried is definitely not going to be a good way to start off a fish that's been through as much as he has and with as empty a belly.

Also, I hope your water is really soft. Bettas are usually raised in extremely soft water in Thailand. Many hobbyists have reported issues with their new imports when not starting them off in RO water to help them adapt more slowly. Especially HM bettas. Their finnage often ends up warped in harder water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.