The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I recently started another foray into the live-culturing world of daphnia. I tried it when I first started the hobby, and couldn't stop crashing both cultures I was working on. What a mess! I think I was overfeeding, but that's all another matter.

Anyway, my question is this: could I feed my daphnia culture the powdered version of repashy gold (created for goldfish)? As in, sprinkle in the powder and see how they do? I have a lot of that hanging around, spirulina is expensive, and my previous experience has scared me off of yeast even if that works for most people. Goldfish diets are extraordinarily high in greens, so they'd mostly be getting "veggies" anyway!

What do y'all think? Also, could this work for moina? Thanks for your advice and wisdom!

(PS. any daphnia tips would be GREATLY appreciated).

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Yeah. A postdoc I was working with was trying it out with repashy soilent green. I think the culture was going strongly by the time I left?

Check out the ingredient list first though. And make sure to add in some sort of scavenger like copepods, scuds, or snails, since some repashy has more solid non-dissolvable chunks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.