The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be receiving most of the plants in the picture tomorrow, so I've drawn out a plan for the tank. I would really love some suggestions, because I'm not really happy with the aquascape. Here's why:

1. That gigantic piece of wood fits in the tank in only one position, and it touches the front and back glass. That doesn't leave space for anything in front of it or behind it. I don't know if I can make it work.
2. It just doesn't look organized, no matter how I plan it. I can't seem to make it look like everything is supposed to be there. It all looks random, like an accident.

Here's the supposed plan:

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Don't be afraid to say "scrap that huge piece of wood" if you want to. I need the truth! If you have any advice on other plants that would look good in there, let me know!

Oh, for reference:
Tank size: 47 gallons
Lighting: 56 watts T5
Excel and ferts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I think I would move that big driftwood piece a tiny bit to the left. It's a little too close to center for my taste.

I do love your plant choices. R.rotundifiola, blyxa, and needle-leaf java are some of my favorite plants. What is your carpet plan?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL; it's funny you should say that. After I took that picture, I moved the wood to the left. Now the left branch almost touches the glass. As a carpet plant, I chose HC. It should be arriving tomorrow. I'm also trying out marsilea minuta, so I'll be able to see which grows better/looks better in this setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts