The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate some constructive feedback on my tank! It's still definitely a work in progress. Everything was pretty much planted today except for the Anubias and the teeny tiny crypt. Oh and the camboba and Frogbit.

I added bacopa Caroliniana and dwarf sag. Another plantlette of crypt and Anubias will be planted tonight once I have time to deal with that awful mineral wool junk.

Right now I've got some taller dwarf sag in the background. Id like to allow it to grow tall back there as a background plant.
To the left of that is my tiny crypt undulata.
The right corner has some camboba.
The left corner is bacopa.
Then obviously the foreground is trimmed dwarf sag and Anubias. A few plantlettes of crypt are in front of the rock towards the left.

I'm not sure if I should add the crypt I've got in today to the left behind the bacopa (moving the bacopa forward a bit to give some room for the crypt to grow out) or if I should add it to the front of the rock.

I'd appreciate any advice :) this is my very first planted aquarium and I'm loving the experience so far!

Edit: the rock is a place saver until I can find some driftwood that's small enough and or some rocks that I like. And to give the Betta something to hide behind if he wanrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! and Welcome!

What would you like to achieve! If you just started id recommend going with low tech until your lean enough. I could provide you a list of easy plants to go on. My self i enjoy a lot anubias and mosses. You can take a look a my setup to give you an idea of what you can achieve with minimal care.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/22-planted-nano-tanks/1044010-nano-fluval-spec-tanks-low-tech.html

Hi! Thanks for the reply :) I actually remodeled tonight and I'm really happy with it this time. I'm wanting to go for more of a heavily planted, foresty look. Once the crypts grow out i think it'll be even better. Opinion?

Freebie of my guy being a dork lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just need to be patient, it will take several weeks before having a result. Are you planning on adding new plants?

I think I'm done for now. Provided that the crypts don't implode beyond hope lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.