The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my planned layout for my first big planted tank. Welcoming any feedback and suggestions. I am planning ADA Amazonia on the right side and left back, sand in the center, and a moss ball pit in the left front (dwarf frogs love it). Thinking medium to low light.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hello and welcome!

You asked for feedback so I will give you my thoughts, keep in mind they are just my opinion. I'm personally not a fan of the wood you are using, they are too 'stumpy' without enough parts branching out. Thus the wood being placed on the rocks doesn't add much realism to me, it almost looks like its just more rocks rather then wood.

Personally I use soo much rock in my tanks I've started collecting it from the wild as its significantly cheaper then buying it. But I know not everyone is willing to do that. For wood though I don't have a lot of good wild options near me so I buy that online or at my local fish store.

Personally I use a thin layer of aquasoil capped by sand in all my tanks now as it saves on how much aquasoil I need to use and, to my eye, makes the tank look much more natural with the sand being visible.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. The most important thing is that you are happy with whatever layout you choose.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome!

You asked for feedback so I will give you my thoughts, keep in mind they are just my opinion. I'm personally not a fan of the wood you are using, they are too 'stumpy' without enough parts branching out. Thus the wood being placed on the rocks doesn't add much realism to me, it almost looks like its just more rocks rather then wood.

Personally I use soo much rock in my tanks I've started collecting it from the wild as its significantly cheaper then buying it. But I know not everyone is willing to do that. For wood though I don't have a lot of good wild options near me so I buy that online or at my local fish store.

Personally I use a thin layer of aquasoil capped by sand in all my tanks now as it saves on how much aquasoil I need to use and, to my eye, makes the tank look much more natural with the sand being visible.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. The most important thing is that you are happy with whatever layout you choose.
Hello and welcome!

Thank you. I tried to implement something along what you suggested. What do you think?New photo by William Hoffmann

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Thank you. I tried to implement something along what you suggested. What do you think?New photo by William Hoffmann
It is a definite improvement. Live with the tank for a while and see how you like it and don't be afraid to rescape if it if you find its not working for you anymore. I think I rescaped my first planted tank at least 10 times in the first year. Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.