The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title explains it all. I'm going to say my energetic endlers watching them dart around all the time is fun!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Schooling fish rummy nose tetras because the always swim back and forth. Scarlet badis because the look like small cihlids but are really part of the bettas family. Red zebra cihlids because they have bright color and are active

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My favorite currently is my female paradise fish, Pearl, who is (barely) the largest fish in her 29 gallon. I did have a male until yesterday, but had to destroy him since he forced Pearl into constant hiding and, when the lights went out, he tried to eat the danios...which is odd, since they did not appear to fit in his mouth. May try finding a less irritable male - the male before him (named Bear) was a model community resident, and this one I just destroyed (named Cape) seems to have been an unusually psychotic specimen anyway (he gave ME the death look). Anyhow, I think if I go that route, I will also get more females...Cape didn't really bother anyone before Pearl went into hiding.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Panda Cory's are by far my favorite, such personality in those little fish. They are also some of the smallest non dwarf Cory's, making them perfect for smaller setups

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
my ctenopoma acutirostre

He watches TV with me :)
I want one of those!!

For me it's my Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami. Great personality always comes to the front of the tank to say hello and will put his 'feeler' on he glass if I put my finger by him. He explores the tank looking for things to nibble. Love watching him check out new plants I've added. He's very old now, I have had him for 20 months and they usually live 24 months.. Not looking forward to him being gone soon :c
Also have a leopard sailfin pleco who I use to be able to handle when cleaning the tank (since the tank transfer and his attemp to fly which ended with him on the carpet...not so much) but he's cool to watch sucking on the glass, love his light colored belly and how huge he is when his sails are up. But damn he poops A TON!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Checkerboard chichlids. ADORABLE as babies, pretty as adults, great personality, smart, and -drumroll please- A small-fish-safe chichlid. Mine is in with (among other things) pencilfish, and she's a sweetie with them!
I also love swamp darters. Check any LFS' feeder tanks... They sometimes hitchhike in. Skinny little thing that acts like a lizard and has a great little personality! Plus, they can move their head around independently of their body. It's really cute.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Chili Rasbora – Pictures don’t do the brilliant this red little fish justice. I like their tiny size (under ¾ inches) give me a chance to have a large number in the tank I keep at my office (10 gal). The tank doesn’t feel crowded.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
My galaxy Rasboras, they now FINALLY after much feeding and treats will come to the front of the tank to say hi and they are SO pretty. For personality and fun, My Panda Cories. LOVE THEM! The last ones I had would come to the front of the tank and shake, and I would do a little shake right back at them. Then they would shake too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts