The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I like different tanks for different things. If I'm focusing on the scape as the main priority I prefer a larger tank as it leaves more options for plant choice, scape materials, and general space to work with. However if I'm just using a tank as a species tank for breeding purposes I prefer a smaller tank for ease of maintenance. As of now my overall favorite tank dimension wise is a 120 (4'x2'x2').

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I can't say yet, have a fully functioning 10g and 55g, preparing 20l, 12l (whenever it arrives =.=) 7g, and 2 picos. I think the longs will be new favs though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The longest tank I have had is 36" so I can't say for sure whether I wouldn't enjoy a longer tank. The 40 breeder is a great size, I just personally wish it was just a little taller. I want to try out the mr. aqua 48 gallon rimless, which I believe is almost identical to the ADA 90p. Gives the extra height and doesn't have a rim obscuring the view.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm also a fan of the 40B. Although the 75g is also a nice choice if you've got a bit more space.

I'd really love a standard 6' 125g tank. But I'd need someone else to finance it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The size of the tank depends on what my idea is. For Saltwater always wanted a tank with depth. Always seem to go with 40B or the 120G 48"x20x24. With time I gravitated to nanos. Mostly because, instead spending $500-$800 on lighting I could get away with $200-$300.

Now with planted tanks I really like the smaller tanks. Stuff around 24" in length.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My 15 gallon for some reason can grow just about anything with very little algae. It's my favorite little tank for this reason.

The 125 of course my favorite big tank and my biggest pain. It can be a struggle to get things to work out with the size.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do honestly, a lot of people like the 20 long and the 40 breeder. The 40 breeder will give you the largest amount of floor space with the least amount of gallons, you can even use it to mass produce plants for sell by only filling it halfway with water, then you just have to dose 20 gallons worth of fertilizers but still have a massive amount of floor space.. I am currently upgrading my aquariums to sizes that are 150 gallons or more. Just got a 180 gallon for my cichlid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.