The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Gallon High Tech Planted Paradise
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favorite fish foods? I'm curious to know what people are using for live, frozen, flake, pellets, etc in their aquariums and why.

·
Registered
289 Posts
After years and years I've come to the conclusion that just like for humans, a balanced diet is best (although it doesn't need to be cooked). Blended beefheart, peas, garlic, krill in vitamin water. Frozen and fed in small chunks. I don't know any fish that doesn't love it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aquascaper1

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I use New Life Spectrum foods. I target feed for specific fish: Freshwater Flake for schoolers, pellets for cichlids and corydoras species ( I feed a mixture of 3 pellets: Priobiotix pellet, Algaemax, and Thera A.), and wafers (algae) for PLECOs.
My fish fry, Ram cichlids, for example, get BBS and New Life Spectrum Fry starter.

I occasionally give frozen to condition fish for breeding.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I kind of like a variety. frozen brine shrimp, xtreme krill flakes, fluval bug bites, hikari blood worms, bactar ae, and shrimp king complete at the moment.

I'm sort of always looking for something new though, I get a kick out of feeding the fish lol.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Sadly one of my angels has decided it only likes tetra flakes. I toss in nls, northwhatever cichlid food, bug bites, nls pellets and this and that (not all at the same time) but i have one angel (8 in the tank) that pretty much only goes for tetra flakes... so i hand feed him tetra flakes after everyone else has eaten.

·
Registered
571 Posts
@Reginald2 You should try hatching brine shrimp! I understand the babies are more nutritious than the frozen adults, and it's super easy and very entertaining to feed. I do it once a week and get about 2 days of food from each hatch. It's NLS flakes and Hikari or Bug Bites micro pellets the rest of the time. I only have nano fish, so only teeny foods over here.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
What's everyone's favorite fish foods? I'm curious to know what people are using for live, frozen, flake, pellets, etc in their aquariums and why.
Hi fischman,

I like to feed a variety of foods since some species seem to prefer some foods over others. For a flake food I use a mixture of equal parts Ken's Premium Brine Shrimp Flakes, Ken's Premium Blackworm Flakes, and Xtreme Krill Flakes. For a pellet food almost all of my species go wild for Fluval Bug Bites. Lastly for frozen foods I use Hikari Brine Shrimp, Hikari's Spirulina Brine Shrimp, and Hikari Bloodworms. Hope this helps! -Roy

·
Registered
125 Gallon High Tech Planted Paradise
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's great to see what others are using. I've been an NLS pellets and Hikari frozen user. But am always interested in trying new things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.