The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been chugging along using seachem products but it's pretty expensive. I use excel, flourish, iron, and potassium. I am having ok results. No crazy growth but everything is doing fine. It is a discus tank so I do burn through the chemicals. I need some suggestions on a good startup package of dry ferts or something that would be cheaper but doesn't involve too much math/using crazy mixing and measuring tools etc. anybody have a favorite to suggest?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you choose to dose EI its not as hard as people make it out to be, I personally use tiny jars to measure out my fertilizers then I will dissolve them in a tiny bit of water, and when the day comes to add that fertilizer it only takes a second. It will take you a little bit of time to get the right amounts you need, but once you figure out what you need its all down hill from there honestly. It is not hard, requires little to no math (plenty of calculators out there to do it for you), and require little time to prep your items ahead of time. I measure out 14 days worth of fertilizers and it may take me about 10 minutes to do all of them.

There are many people on TPT that sell good quality dry fertilizers and they are not expensive at all. I bought some dry fertilizers two years ago and I am still using them, that's how long they last. Here is a link where I bought mine: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=589241

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
PM nilocg and check his WTS threads.

v3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts