The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening!! I have 1 Neon Tetra who is much fatter then the other 5. Sorry about the crappy pic but he/she is the one on the right. Can anyone tell me if he/she is pregnant, sick, or just fat?? It seems to swim ok and he/she has been getting bigger for about a month or so. Any ideas?? :confused1:

Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Flower Electric blue

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, it is way bigger than the others. And it is so fat that the blue strpe is crooked. if it's pregnant, do i need to do anything special? There are two bumblebee gobies in the tank that will eat the eggs, I am sure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!! The PH is 7.0. I have not tested the GH. It looks like I actually have 2 females. Maybe at some point I will try breeding.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The scales look odd to me, but it could be lighting/picture quality... Do they appear to be pulled away from the body at all (like a pinecone?) I hope it's eggs, but check out dropsy just in case. The wiki doesn't have the best pictures, but if you google fish dropsy you'll get a bunch of them. If that does turn out to be the case, your best bet is euthanasia.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I only got two words for that neon! Jenny Craig! Lol! Looks like a normal adult healthy well fed female neon to me. I have seen many female Neons look like that one in well established healthy tanks with older fish. It like fish when they reach old age they seem to get fat!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning!! Today we found these. And there is another bunch on the glass ont he other side fo the tank. Could these be Neon eggs?? Are they fertilized or is there a way to tell?? Thanks for all the help

Green Terrestrial plant Macro photography Insect Flowering plant

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those are snail eggs.From what I understand about tetras they are egg scatterers.You may not see the eggs laid by her for the other fish or they may fall into plants or gravel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.