The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Fin Fluid Underwater Goldfish

So i came home yesterday to find this guy swimming upside down on the top of the tank and couldnt seem to stay down on the bottom nor right side up. In my previous post i was asking about is why this fish is fat and so on and so forth. its dead now and like i still want explanations lol any help would be great to prevent any further little guys deaths... :help:

·
Registered
824 Posts
For the upside down swimming, it might be the swim bladder. I feed my gold fish food under the water level. This allows the fish to eat with out sucking in lots of air. If you just lay the flake food on the surface of the water, they take in to much air.

As far as the fat part, it could be a bacterial issue. What are your parameters, feeding schedule, and wc schedule?

Also feed your gold fish a thin slice of orange twice a week. It will enhance there immune system and there color.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
For the upside down swimming, it might be the swim bladder. I feed my gold fish food under the water level. This allows the fish to eat with out sucking in lots of air. If you just lay the flake food on the surface of the water, they take in to much air.

As far as the fat part, it could be a bacterial issue. What are your parameters, feeding schedule, and wc schedule?

Also feed your gold fish a thin slice of orange twice a week. It will enhance there immune system and there color.
That doesn't look like a goldfish to me... What is it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as water parameters ill have to check when i get home. When i feed them ill either feed them flakes or cubed freeze dried blood shrimp in the morning and when i do i usually take the food and drop it in the water flow from the filters so the food goes right into the column. Then my WC i usually do a 20/30% water changed every 2 weeks or so. What causes dropsy and such, and if it is that what can i do to prevent it from hurting my other fish? If it is parasites what can i do about them? All i want is healthy fish lol

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Go to the pharmacy and buy a 30 ml syringe. Take your freeze dried food and place it in the syringe with the plunger out. Press the plunger back in and draw water into it. Push the air out and then hold your finger over the tip and pull back. Do this 3 4 times while pushing the air out each time. This vacuum hydrates the worms/daphnia/whatever and then the fish can get it from under the surface easily. Your fish didn't die from sucking air. Dropsy is likely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.