The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are good fast growing plants? I don't care for floaters and my two tanks are pretty full. However, my hygro low grow is growing like crazy and so are my red ludwigia and Rotala mini and colorata. Everything else I have is growing but not at a super fast rate like these guys. Since my tanks are so new, I was wondering what some other fast growers are that look nice. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
the fastest growing plant I have in my low tech tanks is Bacopa caroliniana. I have to trim it every few weeks. No ferts but I do dose excel at double rate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a lot anacharis in my planted tanks. Two reasons: It's a remarkably fast growing plant with a deep emerald green coloring, 2. It's one of the best "stabilizer" plants, sucking up all the excess nitrogen and other stuff, helping keep the tank water pristine. Currently, I have a 5 gallon bucket full of all the trimmings left over from a major pruning of my 75 gallon tank. I keep forgetting to do anything about those clippings and they are still growing like mad in very low light. Need to separate, bunch and give them away. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.