The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Im having problems with dust on my plant leaves. My cories are having a little too much fun stirring up my sand. Can you all suggest a fast growing easy ground cover? I have about 3 watts per gallon with pressurized co2.
Thanks.
patrick

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
As my first carpet plant, it's thriving and I have no issues with it. Of course, I am running adequate lighting and CO2 as well as dosing EI method and using aquasoil...so there's plenty of nutrients, light and CO2 to go around haha.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Freph
I do have the co2 and I do fert but the light is my concern plus the spaces I need it are def not the brightest sections of the tank. Looks like Im going to have to add some kind of gravel or sand to help keep the dust down.

·
Registered
852 Posts
wait a sec...you are in Kew gardens?
LOL..... I grew up not far from there.
Ever hear of Richmond Hill.
You might call a great shop that I actually worked at when I was 13 called Cameo Pet Shop. A co worker has owned it for many years ( Steve G). I worked there over 40 ..yes 40 years ago

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Aquaticz
yes I use to live in richmond hill a few yrs back and have bought fish from Cameo several times. I should call him as well. Ive called 2 others and neither have 049 they havent even heard of it.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I've heard many good things about Tropica 049, better known as Staurogyne Repens. If my micro sword wasn't doing so well, it would be next on my list to try. Have never seen it in a LFS, but it's frequently traded by aquarists in the Swap 'n Shop here, as well as other forums and auction sites.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.