The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been learning about Indian food for that last few months. I love hot spicy food, Mexican, Thai, Korean etc. I grow Chile peppers, this year Kung Pao & Thai.

So, my GF's got a gal pal at work that was born in India, that I gave some Peppers from my garden too. She give's me a bag of Farai Chiwda.....Where has this stuff been my whole life!?!?!? I can not put the bag down. If you like spicy hot snack type stuff you need to try this. It's kinda like shoe string potatoes, peanuts, a few raisins, is got a great heat to it...and I don't impress easy. It's salt & sweet & hot all at once. I think I'm tasting a little curry too? This particular bag was made at a local chicago area store, very fresh.

I love the Indian food but, I am having a hard time with the names.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Indian food is great. Lots of friends love it when they come over to our house. With an american mom and indian dad, I really do appreciate the food, and it seems to me that tons of americans are taking a huge liking to it! When I go to the indian restaurant, I see groups of americans and other ethnicities and indians just having fun and all eating the same food. That's cause we know how to cook :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
O.K. what is the pyrimid shape pastry kinda thing with maybe potato and hot peppers in it? They have them on the counter at the Indian market...I always get a few for the road.

I admit I am having a hard time with the names of the food.
That's a samosa.

I'm also of indian ethnicity, and kinda glad I am. Indian food is good! I get lots of chiwda from relatives in India.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next year I'm going to try to grow Bhut Jolokia. Our problem this far north is we don't have enough growing days, I think they need 180 days. So I'll start them emeresed with my crypts....LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.