The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just put this tank together last week. So far so good. Looks like I'll need to start trimming soon :). Sorry about the crumby pics my camera's pretty old now. I'll update as things move along. Thanks for looking.

Tank: Aquatop 7.1 gallon low iron cube.

Lighting: 12" Fugeray Planted+ and 12" Fugeray

Heater: Aquatop Digital 50w

Filter: Eheim 2211 with VIV Mini Violet Lily Pipes.

CO2: Aquatek Mini Paintball system with Atomic inline diffuser.

Substrate: ActivFlora Black

Flora: Taiwan Moss, Xmas Moss, Hydro Japan, Anubias, Bacopa, Rotala, Hornwort, Salvina, Crypt Wendtii, and Mini Rose Moss.

Fauna: Betta, Oto,CPD x5, RCS x4 and Nerite.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just started a truaqua tank too. Amazing tank and shipping practices! Great looking tank by the way! Our setups are pretty similar.
Thanks Jonny. I wish I had patience for the DSM. Definitely happy with the TruAqua low iron. Much better looking than my prior glass and acrylic tanks and great pricing to boot!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Updates

Just a couple of updates as the tank fills in plus how it started out. Lots of inverts starting to appear like limpets and ramshorns. Plus a bunch of different copepods. Salvina and hornwort is really taking off I keep having to remove it and add to my other tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update #3

Hi Folks,

Just another update. Did some trimming of my stems and thinned out my floaters. I cannot believe how fast the hornwort grows. I'm removing most of the plant every few days only to have it return like I never trimmed it. My stem plants have been throwing out a lot of roots; not sure what that is about...if anyone knows why please chime in. Also, I added some Celestial Pearl Danios. They seem quite pleased with their new surroundings. Finally, I added a set of VIV mini violet lily pipes, I'm quite pleased with the size and quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
we totally do have similar tanks! hahah so funny how that works out.

Your tank is looking great! hopefully that hydro jap.grows in nice and lush ;)

I think the reason your plants are sending out roots is because the top stems aren't getting as much nutrients as the bottom part. my rotalia seems to do this when I forget a dosing.
Although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Did some trimming and got rid of that grassy plant. Replanted the trimmings of Bacopa and Rotala in the vacant spot. Also added some red root floaters. Starting to get some GSA on the anubias which seems to always happen to me with this plant. Boost the phosphates and see how that goes. Get to work Nerite:icon_excl

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts