The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was just do a water change and planting some derooted plants.
next thing i know there is a shrimp next to where i was planting it was like he died for no reason i didn't even touch it then five minutes later i see it just get back up and walk back to it's friends like nothing had happened.

has this ever happened to u before because i was wondering if it was in shock or if it just well idk?

please reply i want to know if it is going to die or something
-John

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've seen this happen to a few of my shrimp. When I was dosing my liquid trace with a syringe, this cherry came in direct contact with the stream of liquid trace. It immeditale went into this weird immoblized stance and started to just flow away with the current. (It looked like he fainted and then just died on me) Luckily he recovered quickly; this all took place in less than one minute. I've also seen this same exact thing when I squirted some H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) onto a small batch of BBA. A bunch of wee lil cherries came running out and the "fainted", but quickly recovered.

Do you have fert sticks in your substrate? What is your complete substrate material?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hang on to them. You might be able to market them just like the fainting goats. :icon_mrgr

Interesting observation though. My question would be what were the contents of both liquids. Maybe there is a connection/same ingredient in them that causes this.

sl

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well one common thing in the ingredients is that their both toxic in large amounts. H202 is JUST H202. The liquid trace has no H202 in it. It has many trace elements needed by plants. Squirt some of either of these and see what happens. Have anything else toxic? Try squirting it on them.

I've noticed that excel does not make shrimp faint when directly squirted on them. I tried it once because it wouldn't leave the syringe tip alone, and it just swam away but it didn't faint.

But I've had fainting shrimp for some other strange reason... I still don't know why. They lived though. Some died. Don't worry if its just one little shrimpie.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do not add any liquids besides water to my tank all natural at the moment
the subtract is Turface MVP
it hasn't died but still wondering what in the world hppened and the temps was about 76 -78
- john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.