1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
from what I have heard they are extremely rare with only about 5000 in existance. They used to used as a food source now they are show animals.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were used as a food source for preditors. One fainting goat would be in a flock of sheep. When a preditor would come up, the fainting goat would faint and the flock of sheep could get away. Then the preditor would eat the goat. I was the "sacrificial goat" so to speak.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
They were used as a food source for preditors. One fainting goat would be in a flock of sheep. When a preditor would come up, the fainting goat would faint and the flock of sheep could get away. Then the preditor would eat the goat. I was the "sacrificial goat" so to speak.
thank you for clarifing what food source they were used for.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was just on Dirty Jobs last night, FUNNY show. He was at a goat ranch. They said it happens to goats when they get excited or scared. Pretty weird!
I didn't know that. I wish that I would of seen the show. The ones my friends sister have really crack me up. They're really friendly animals.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for clarifing what food source they were used for.
People could of been eating them too but using them as a "sacrifical goat" is how the breed came about.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That's hilarious!

I can see that they'd be the first target in case of a heard being attacked, but wouldn't it be counter productive if a preditor thinks that they're going to be weak animals and it'll be fed if it keeps attacking that type of heard? (lose a lot of fainting goats).

Tina

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Ever heard of Hogan's Goat? Goat Days Festival in Millington was a blast, don't know if it still goes on though. Anyone ever heard the question "Are those animals smart"? answered "No they are friggin stupid"!......DC

·
Registered
299 Posts
I saw the "Dirty Jobs" episode, and could of sworn they were narcoleptic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts