The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was playing with the camera today and was just really happy with this shot. This is my first attempt at planted. Pretty proud of myself so far. I have been planning a larger tank and have everything for it but the plants. Thank you for looking. If only would have thought to remove the ugly drop checker.

Tank was planted on 3-27. Did DSM for a week then flooded. I am very pleased with the growth to date.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is outstanding and just your first tank to boot.
Thank you, I have kept reefs for nearly 20 years so its not my first tank. Just first attempt at planted. Been wanting to do a planted tank for years. Spent many of hours on here reading and reading and researching. This website has offered me with a wealth of knowledge to help me prepare to dive into this venture.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just be ready for algae. My tank was algae free and growing so fast that I could actually count the new leaves daily on some plants.

I too read everything that I could and thought I was prepared for everything.

It ran like this for several weeks, then things went south.

Very nice scape.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Scape is looking awesome. Is that a 2 gallon spec? I'm currently working on mine too but I'm trying to carpet baby tears but looking at your makes me wanna do hairgrass lol. Good job for your first planted. I on the other hand failed miserably on my first one I began not keeping up with water changes, fert dosing, etc and soon got BBA. Lesson learned for me I have one planted 10 gallon running for 3 years and I've never seen anything other than the occasional dust algae on the glass just keep up with the water changes, ferts and you'll be set

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow one week dsm ? That's amazing. Good job!
I had every intention of running DSM for about 4 weeks but after a week I couldn't resit the urge to fill it with water. Once I added the 13w PC and started the DIY CO2 I can see daily growth in both plants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts