The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got a question on the Fabco needle valve. First I accidently put it on backwards so Co2 was shooting through the system like crazy. I detached and turned it around the right way and now it seems like it's just stuck shut. Kept turning the knob counter clockwise to no avail. Nothing is getting through. Checked everything and all seems fine, and I know it's the valve because it was flowing fine before turning it around the right way. Is the knob needing some adjustment? When turning the knob it doesn't seem to be turning the metal shaft it's attached to. But then again I don't know if it's turning something internal. The thing is brand new so....anyways any tips?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I should've put it this way. I had the tube from the tank going to the *outlet* end of the valve and the exiting tube going to the bubble counter on the inlet.

Well I even just tried taking off the knob to expose the bare shaft...twisted that to fully open and nothing still. The valve seems to be stuck shut otherwise I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok got it figured out. What happened is it was wide open to start and stuff blew through it. The knob was loose to begin with so when I thought I was closing it I wasn't. When trying to figure it out I assumed I had the input/output switched...which wasn't the case. I flipped them then it was closed...lol. Flipped it back and took the useless knob off of it and tightened it down by hand and got it down to 2 -3 bubbles per second. Works great now. That knob is really a pile IMO. Allen screws back out quite easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts