The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
tossin in a reverse trio of english lace guppy tonight... i need something!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
reverse trio of guppy? Won't the males harass the female to death? Or are english lace guppies behaviorally quite different to regular guppies?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
nope exactly the same, i've done it before worked out very well... worst case i can always get another few females, I just dont want to overload the tank right away...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Well if it's worked well before then that's good, worth a shot, and I definitely understand not wanting to overcrowd the tank too much. What if you just did a trio of males?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
nah, i feel like if i have an aquarium (or any glass box really) i am wasting time if i am not breeding or propogating something...lolz

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
just ordered some purple waffle from my wholesaler, lets see if i can get it to compete in growth with the pothos... lol hopefully my idiot wholesaler didn't have it underwater. lol

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
ok, updates.

tank has finally cleared.

sweet english lace guppies.
i got 9 of them for the tank. for $2 what was i gonna do...
lol

cherry shrimp. I tossed in about 10 this is the only one i seem to see though...

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
haha, so am I!!! i remember i had them all my life. About 8 years ago i was really into them, i had a crazy strain, super high red with giant tails... wish i had some pics... oh well

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Yeah, I think guppies are gorgeous, I had some beautiful ones that I was hybridizing with Endlers, the few true hybrids i got were / are gorgeous, but they're in the 10g tank where I used to work :tongue: I hear they're doing well though!

When I moved I only brought 3 male (possibly hybrid) endlers with me, donated 8 males to the 10g at work (I knew I'd be leaving and my coworkers were newer at fish so I didn't want them having to deal with the breeding) and rehomed the rest. I miss them though, gorgeous colors. Somewhat underrated fish since they're "easy" but they're among my favorites. I just don't have space to deal with the endless babies at them moment :tongue:

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
this tank just inspired me to make a waterfall type tank.... thank you :D
lol my pleasure!

kara,

i am thinking about workin on a strain again... i just don't want to setup another system cause i wanna move outta NJ..lol

i hope your hybrids do well!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
beautiful guppies!! I actually got rid of 26 cardinal tetras a few weeks ago and made one of my tanks a guppy tank!! (don't laugh!!)

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I love live bearers dude. I won't laugh. Haha don't get me wrong. I'm a major cichlid geek. But I love live bearers. I prefer guppies to tetras any day of the week!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I won't laugh either, I love livebearers too, especially guppies! :) I just think they come in some of the most gorgeous colors. I love bettas too for the same reason. Two of the most common species, but two of the most beautiful IMHO. :)

And thanks, the fish are doing well, but no more breeding program for me, not enough tanks to do it properly so I just have my 3 male endlers. I might think about trying again if I got some virgin females, or even 1 virgin female that I could breed with one of the males I have and then separate the spawn until I saw what grew up. ;) For now we're trying to save $$ for couches for the new place, but once we get those and I'm able to save up a few $ maybe i'll convince the boy I want a couple low low tech 10g tanks for guppy breeding ;) :hihi:

Anyway, sorry to thread-jack!

Also, your tank makes me want to try building a Paludarium again for my gecko....so many projects, so little time (and more importantly so little space and $$ lol :icon_lol:

41 - 60 of 143 Posts