The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Those are some great looking fish. What else do you have?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, shipping does cost. Without knowing the zip code or how many fish a person wants how am I supposed to guess what the cost of shipping is?

There are a lot more factors involved shipping fish vs plants. We are going through the transition from Summer to Winter so the weather at the time of shipping can effect the cost. I cannot ship fish in a tiny box with little water if I'm using a heat pack because the fish will cook. I always ship the most cost-effective way and each shipment is likely to vary in cost.

Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] with your order and I'll give the best guesstimate I can.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Mark,

Just wondering if you can keep Erythrimicron and Galaxy Rasbora / CPDs together? I've heard that they will interbreed and seen a pic but can't find much info. Also, same question for Microrasbora Erythrimicron and Boraras brigittae (seems less likely since they're different genus)? Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would be interested in a dozen of the Microrasbora Kubotai, are they schooling fish? Is it ok to feed them fish flakes? Also what are the tank recommendations?, are they similar to tetras?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just wondering if you can keep Erythrimicron and Galaxy Rasbora / CPDs together?
Yes, they are compatible.

I've heard that they will interbreed and seen a pic but can't find much info
People hear a lot of things. Perhaps they will, perhaps they won't.

Also, same question for Microrasbora Erythrimicron and Boraras brigittae (seems less likely since they're different genus)?
Never happen.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wondering if you can keep Erythrimicron and Galaxy Rasbora / CPDs together? I've heard that they will interbreed and seen a pic but can't find much info. Also, same question for Microrasbora Erythrimicron and Boraras brigittae (seems less likely since they're different genus)? Thanks!
They are very similar in body shape and behavior although the Erythro's don't seem to be as shy. I think they would compete for the same area in the tank and from a few feet away you would have to squint your eyes to tell them apart. I would recommend keeping them in separate tanks based on just that alone.

The others are very different in body and behavior so I doubt if there would be any issues. The Kubotai and Briggittae like swimming in the open much more than the Erythro's and Galaxies too.

Would be interested in a dozen of the Microrasbora Kubotai, are they schooling fish? Is it ok to feed them fish flakes? Also what are the tank recommendations?, are they similar to tetras?
The Kubotai shoal more than school in my observations. They aren't shy and they do eat flakes when I give them some. They really are a spectacular-looking fish, especially under bright light. The pic doesn't do them justice at all. They are actually more of a very brilliant irredescent green. There are some good pics of them on Google but I prefer to use my on pics even if they aren't as good. Buy lots and maybe someday I'll be able to afford a good camera. :hihi:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey Mark,

My fish did interbreed. They look like Erythrimicron with bright red fins. I can't see the fry anymore but if I do ill post a picture.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.