The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got wood???
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hygrophila polysperma 'Ceylon' (12 stems per package) GONE
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' ( 3 stems per package) $2.00 1 pkg. available- GONE
Micranthemum umbrosum "HM"(10 stems per package) GONE

Shipping is $5.00 flat fee via priority mail.

NOTE: I have snails and very minor algae. If you do not want snails (non plant snackers) and minor algae I recommend a medicated dip prior to placing these in your tank.

Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just FYI for everyone - the polysperma sunset is on the noxious weeds list and any selling, shipping, or possessing of them is against the law (at least here in Colorado - you might check your state). I'm not posting this to be a wet blanket or anything, but for protection. There was a good lecture at our local club last month about noxious weeds/aquarium plants - and believe it or not, they can and do come to homes and fine you for it. Hard to imagine... but anyway - when you dispose of any of it... please freeze it hard in the freezer before throwing it away. It goes crazy in the lakes, rivers, and such and really causes problems. Personally I think it's one of the prettiest plants for aquariums and it saddened me to hear of it's terrible status. Just so you guys are forewarned... Sorry to be a "downer"!

·
Registered
734 Posts
You are more than welcome. I don't want to come across as the "plant police", but hopefully can keep some from encountering the "real ones" - especially when shipping these plants. I nearly cried when they told me I had to destroy mine :icon_frow but thankfully there are lots of pretty pink and red plants that are not on the noxious weeds list.

Our club had a presentation on these problem plants that clog the waterways - and here's a link for it for everyone to enjoy (there are quite a few aquatic plants on the list): http://coloradoaquarium.2000webdesign.com/Cpresentation.htm

Hope this helps someone. :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.