The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a whole new world to me --

Need a qualified person -- to help set it all up -- not planting -- 'just' the mechanics.

Interested in around a 65 gal tank, quiet and efficient operation. Looking at items like the Eheim Pro 3e filter, Tek lights, CO2 injection, etc.
I am a know-nothing about how all this equipment best fits together. I am learning some from reading these forums, and would like to understand the system, but arthritis doesn't permit much DIY work.

Can anyone recommend a LFS or private individual who does this sort of thing in the East Bay area? What should I expect to pay, approximately?

Also, if all my equipment is ordered from one place, might I reasonably expect a discount? or should I order piecemeal online?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Need a qualified person -- to help set it all up -- not planting -- 'just' the mechanics.
I can and have done this for quite a few folks over 15 years specifically for planted tanks.

Interested in around a 65 gal tank, quiet and efficient operation. Looking at items like the Eheim Pro 3e filter, Tek lights, CO2 injection, etc.
I am a know-nothing about how all this equipment best fits together. I am learning some from reading these forums, and would like to understand the system, but arthritis doesn't permit much DIY work.
Given that condition, water changes should be well thought through.
Same with the plant choices, less trimming , less lighting etc.

I'd suggest a 4 ft long tank, T5's 54x 2.
Ehiem filter
Tek lighting, your choice etc there.
Open top
CO2 tanks, I have plenty, regulator, I'd suggest a Victor+ decent solenoid and valve, CO2 line etc.
You could use a dual CO2 method, adding CO2 venturi mist + a disc.
That would give you options.

Think about fish choice.

Can anyone recommend a LFS or private individual who does this sort of thing in the East Bay area? What should I expect to pay, approximately?

Also, if all my equipment is ordered from one place, might I reasonably expect a discount? or should I order piecemeal online?

Thanks!
I am not cheap, but I will,save folks more on the equipment, healthy thriving fish as I charge cost + 10% can order whatever you want on line, but the live fish alone will make up for the pricing. I can offer ADA, SeaChem, a number of custom glass or acrylic tanks, custom stands etc. Lighting, some CO2 stuff, Filters, ferts etc can come from the web.

Typical rates are 60-70$ in the bay per hour.
I charge by the entire day, which might be 18-20 hours. so for a long day, I'm much cheaper. So it would be one day's labor pretty much for the set up this size, perhaps two depending on you.

You will want to define the tank's size and type, and decide what type of stand you'd like, I'd suggest and open top, they are much nicer to work on.

Regards,
Tom Barr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.