The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I bought a Rhinox 5000 back on 12/27 and just received the generic Ebay confirmation saying payment received. I never received a shipping confirmation though. Does this normally get sent to the buyer, or what? I tried emailing the seller a couple times and haven't heard back yet and it hasn't yet arrived. I know its coming from Philippines(I think), so shipping may be a tad longer, but just trying to find out what normal shipping was for others....
Tank has been running for a couple days now and waiting on that *last* piece, so this is why I ask..

Thanks,
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I won an eBay auction for a Rhinox 5000 on Dec. 28 and I received an email from the seller that my purchase was shipped on Jan. 3. I know this sounds obvious, but have you checked your junkmail filter? I know I sometimes have stuff go in there that I am supposed to receive. I am expecting mine any day now, as he said 7 - 15 days for shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Shipping confirmations on ebay are up to the seller, some will let you know, others will not. So it *may* be OK and your diffuser is already on the way, that itself is no real cause for concern. I've won many auctions where I got nothing after the payment was received and the item just turned up.
Sellers usually do respond to questions though, so that's a little odd.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I got one from Mike and it was seemless. I got it within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I won multiple auctions on ebay from aquaticmagic, paid on the 12/30. Didnt get information that its shipped till today 1/8/07. And he wrote that it was shipped on the 5th, and will take 7-15 days. so i guess my stuff is comming soon too then.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It took 23 days from date of purchase to arrival date back in December.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I paid December 15th and have received nothing, not so much as a response to my email requesting shipping confirmation..why is his Ebay review so goo if everyone is having this issue!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I ordered mine a few weeks ago . . . got an email a few days later stating it had shipped and would take, as you guys said, 7-15 days.

Hopefully it will be here soon. . .

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I found out that it was shipped on 1/3. I paid on 12/27, so hopefully it arrives in a couple days or so. I'm sure he sells so much stuff that a few slip by on occasion, but....still no excuse.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I won a few items on the weekend and paid for them straight away. Got a confirmation on Monday that my items have been sent. I have bought a few times from him and the items have usually arrived within 7 days of e-mail confirmation.

Only problem is he can't send plants to Australia :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought from aquamagic a couple times pre christmas. I usually got the shipping notification the week after I ordered. Shipping was 7-10 days. Mike provides very good customer services. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I bought a Rhinox 5000 back on 12/24. With the Holidays and everything I figure it should be here sometime this week or next. I will post up when I get mine or post up when you get yours. Should come close to the same time.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I don't want to steal anyones thunder, but since there seem to be mixed reviews here...

It took me a while, but I finally found the company that Aquatic Magic is buying these "Rhinox" diffusors from in Asia. I will have them in approx 2 weeks. And I will be selling them for HALF THE PRICE Aqua Magic is, and they will ship from Oregon, not from Malaysia. I guarantee it is the EXACT same product. I will have the 1000, 2000, and 3000 models. I will also have a Bee pollen glass diffusor like the ADA one, and the glass bubble counter/check valve. Happy new year

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ooops, I got the numbers wrong.

Its the 1000, 3000, and 5000 I am getting.

The 1000 is 3cm in diameter, 3000 is 3.5 cm and the 5000 is 5cm in diameter. Thats where the model numbers come from

It only comes out in 2 small pea sizes...
Well you need to speak up about that problem. I said on APC several months ago that the Rhinox wasn't any better or different than any other glass diffussor out there, but everyone wants to say how great and wonderful it is. So I gave up trying to convice people otherwise, and found the same exact product, and how much it really costs. Having the ceramic disk clog up is a common problem with any of these diffusors. Even the AMANO ones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rhinox 5000

I got two of the rhinox 5000's on ebay also. Aquaticmagic, Mike sent email about shipping time ( 7-15 days), but I got them in about 7 days from the time I paid. The package indicated it was from Singapore ( got it today). Good price/ haven't used them yet though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts