The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have read about vallis dying off with dosing excel. I would like to know if using excel as per instructions would this happen with vallis? I would not be overdosing because of algae as I have read many people do. Basically would like to hear from those that use the product and their vallis are fine and dandy. Thanks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I've kept a 90 gallon full of Vallisneria using Excel, no CO2, with more success than my limited tank maintenance schedule appreciated. It's absolutely workable to use the standard recommended dose of Excel to grow Vals as long as everything else is good. You can also grow them using air stones and a good bicarbonate/carbonate source as they're adept at breaking carbonates down to get at the CO2 in it. Potassium Bicarbonate would be ideal for this should you go that route.

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
Ive dosed Metericide at 2x Seachem's Excel dosage for over a year in a non co2 tank. had corkscrew vals thriving before I started the Metricide. They melted over the course of a couple of weeks. Started at the tips and went down.

However, by the time the existing growth was gone there was new, adapted growth coming in, which went on to thrived the whole time after that initial melt.

Tifwiw ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.