The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a 6 foot long planted tank with around 20 exodon paradoxus, I watch them spawning into a vast and ridiculously dense bottom carpet of saggitaria subulata.

There is no possible way they can catch all the eggs before they disappear into the carpet and they never forage into it, so it would be logical to think that some eggs are hatching and there has to be a chance that there are some fry sneaking about the grass carpet, obviously if they get larger and venture out the carpet they will be gone in seconds, so without getting a hold of them none will survive

So I am looking for some way of potentially catching the tiny fry, a mini bottle trap idea??.....what could I use as bait??....I know its a strange one but yeah ...any ideas would be most welcome..thanks :)

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I'd just go in with a siphon and bucket. DO a thorough water change sucking up everything out around the sag then catch fry from the bucket when sediment settles and move them to a grow out tank/breeder box with aged leaf litter/moss etc. Don't stab into the substrate/plants just pump up and down/swirl siphon opening around instead. This is assuming they are still eggs/minuscule new borns, not at 1/2"+.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.