The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was filling my tank when the bucket slipped out of my hands and spilled water all over a bookshelf and stack of papers sitting nearby. A lot of my important papers and several books are soaked, and I don't think there's much of a way to clean paper. The tank is healthy, no sign of any disease for at least six months, if not a year, but I'm still worried about the germs that might be in the water. I have OCD, so this isn't something I can really just let go. I'm thinking that thoroughly drying the stuff will kill anything that would be in the water, and that anything that survived probably wouldn't be bad for humans or transmissable to another tank (like if I touched the soiled paper then fiddled with the tank). Is this true, or do I need to find some way to clean everything?

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Well at least you didn't drink it. I was sucking the end of a vacuum and got some tasty goldfish water in my mouth and swallowed it, I'm surprised I didn't diarrhead, with all that gunk in the tube I must have gotten some crap in that serving.
delicious :D I use it in my soups :hihi: The taste is something of it's own ;)

What's having an aquarium without ever accidentally getting a mouthful of water at least once lol.

Nothing to worry about. I used to wash my hands with soap after putting my hands in the tank, but then that got annoying and my hands would dry out, so I just rinsed them off. Now I just have a towel rack installed on the inside of the door on my stand for convenience. I usually only wash with soap if I'm about to eat. A lot of times I just dry my hands with the handtowel and move on, which is saying something because I'm somewhat spermatophobic.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I was helping a friend move a 75g tank (this tank was poorly stocked and hadn't had a waterchange...ever) and we were trying to get a siphon at the bottom, I then tried to start it and you couldn't even see through the hose. I got a mouth full.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have an open top tank on my nightstand (nano) and my cat drinks out of it. Actually he refuses to drink out of anything BUT the aquarium and the water glass that I bring to bed every night... He has never gotten sick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.