The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 new blue rams a week and a female and mail pair decided to bond so I moved the other 2 to another tank so they could be alone. The female developed 1 ich-like spot on her tail fin. The temp was 85F. I added some salt and have been treating with quick cure for 4 days. Today is the 5th day since the spot appeared. At such a high temperature I would have expected the ich spot to go away or infect other spots or the male fish. Can it be ich if it has been there for so long at such a high temp? Or should I stop the Quick cure so I am not risking causing more harm? She is active and behaving normally. Another male blue ram I have had for a year also developed a similar spot on his tail when I first got him but it disappeared after 1 day with the quick cure. It looks exactly like an ich spot for sure and not fungus or anything else. Any ideas on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated. :help:The tank is established, quarantine tank, plants, no ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates. They are eating cichlid pellets, flakes and frozen brine shrimp now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts