The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've had a planted 29g tank up for a few years now and it has been well established. I originally had about 12 pygmy corydoras in it (no other fish as I didn't decide on what to get) and the majority of them have since died. My tank appears to be white and cloudy and there is some string algae growing on my foreground plants. Could these two be related and could the 'recycling' be a product of a decreased bioload and BB dying off/regrowing? A 25-50% water change will stave off the cloudiness temporarily but it comes back over a week.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
628 Posts
@AJ_117 they say to do water changes everyday to correct this. But I don't see why if you don't have Ammonia and if it keeps coming back. You would want to get rid of Ammonia. I've also read that it's supposed to go away after the bacteria in the water consume all their nutrients. I don't know what to believe. I don't think you use UV on it like you do with green water. I don't think it's related to the string algae. There's probably a good answer coming up on this thread. Do you have Nitrite? It would be an incomplete cycle if you had that. Maybe adding some nitrifying bacteria to the tank would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.