The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few E. Cincereum and E. Parkeri's that have decided to send up flower stems. I have seen where sometimes people let them do there thing and sometimes they form baby plants and then somtimes the plants seem to die.

Should I cut them off or let them be? What is the general concensus?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Cutting them off apparently doesn't help.it'll make more cause it's pissed off you cut its genitalia off..if you can split the plant split it now while you can.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I have a few E. Cincereum and E. Parkeri's that have decided to send up flower stems. I have seen where sometimes people let them do there thing and sometimes they form baby plants and then somtimes the plants seem to die.

Should I cut them off or let them be? What is the general concensus?
If you have 1 plant cut it into several pieces, but if you have more than 1 then try nipping the flowers as you see them coming up - as in soon as you can identify its not a leaf. While it may look cool do not wait too long to cut the flowers as it will get to a point where cutting will make no difference.

Cutting it into pieces will have more impact on forcing new growth as opposed to the cutting of the flower.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.