The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Your PH and KH may be too high. That seem to be a common culprit as well as light being unsufficient.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll have to test for that. I'm using aquasoil with Ro water but I havent tested things for a long time. All the other plants seem to be doing well though besides the Erio, I did just get it about a week ago. Could it still be adjusting?

I've changed one of the 6700 t5ho bulbs today and the tank does look noticeably brighter

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i have this plant, it seems to go through some changes if you just planted it. right now it seems to be very healthy, things you should try: add bit of extra Mg during water changes, also increase the flow toward this plant.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Thanks I'll have to test for that. I'm using aquasoil with Ro water but I havent tested things for a long time. All the other plants seem to be doing well though besides the Erio, I did just get it about a week ago. Could it still be adjusting?

I've changed one of the 6700 t5ho bulbs today and the tank does look noticeably brighter
looks like we posted at the same time, i have already given the solution. since now i know that you use aqua soil and RO water, in my tank i use 3ppm of Ca and 8ppm of Mg during water changes, but since everything else in your tank is doing well, then, only add more Mg and keep everything else the same.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like we posted at the same time, i have already given the solution. since now i know that you use aqua soil and RO water, in my tank i use 3ppm of Ca and 8ppm of Mg during water changes, but since everything else in your tank is doing well, then, only add more Mg and keep everything else the same.
Thanks. I also threw a seachem root tab right underneath it today since it has such a large root structure. There is mg in it but I'm starting to wonder if its enough.

Magnesium
0.06%

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Thanks. I also threw a seachem root tab right underneath it today since it has such a large root structure. There is mg in it but I'm starting to wonder if its enough.

Magnesium
0.06%

root tabs isn't necessary when using aquasoil IME. i would defiantly dose the water colum for Mg. like i said aim for 8ppm Mg every water change.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i have this plant and it has gone through an adjustment period. then collected some algae until i performed the two punch algae treatment ala dark cobra, then left the powerhead in the tank. The growth in everything since the powerhead addition has been nothing less than stellar. New leaves have since replaced the broken and bent ones which were damaged during shipping. it looks much smaller than when it first arrived but its recovering nicely with rich green new leaves.
3bps co2, ferts every other day, gh4 kh 0 ph6.7 temp @ 75

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have this plant and it has gone through an adjustment period. then collected some algae until i performed the two punch algae treatment ala dark cobra, then left the powerhead in the tank. The growth in everything since the powerhead addition has been nothing less than stellar. New leaves have since replaced the broken and bent ones which were damaged during shipping. it looks much smaller than when it first arrived but its recovering nicely with rich green new leaves.
3bps co2, ferts every other day, gh4 kh 0 ph6.7 temp @ 75
I dosed some MG today I may need find away to crank p the flow a bit in the tank, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after a bit of a rough patch, and thanks to Happi, I've added more circulation, one additional water change a week (total 2) to lower the KH, RO water replacement, started dosing GH booster for MG and I'm now I'm starting to see some improvement.

Disregarding the older leaves the center of the plant is showing some new growth.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z195/ManFriend99/20130613_133212_zps7f7e8f28.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.